Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Teach Me To Pray

"Lord, Teach us to pray."

That was the request of the disciples one day as they followed Jesus. They knew he had a special connection to the throne of God and wanted to be able to pray like He did. It was then that Jesus taught the ever popular Lord's Prayer.
Isn't it amazing that we find ourselves with still the same request thousands of years later. We want to draw near to God, but often find ourselves wondering how. We battle to pray the right way. We want to touch the throne of God, feel His presence, and recieve an answer. So, we ask with hearts expecting something akin to the Lord's Prayer to happen in our lives.

What my experience has been, instead, is that the Lord allows me to go through trials. He brings me to the end of my rope, and it is there and then that I learn how to really pray! I begin to seek God like my life depends on it - because it does.

Oh, if only we could rejoice in the hard times knowing that it is through the trials our faith is made strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment